Page hits since 11-3-2005
This is a web page for Lynn Hopewell's various
projects, family activities and brags. These pages are
intended to share general family information and the progress of his projects with his family and other interested
parties. Click on the various links at the left to take you to a project of interest.
Hopewell Family Crest
June 2008. See
Stewart's website for
the latest about his current film, Faithless, which he co-wrote and
March 2006. Lynn lived
in Warrenton, Virginia. After his retirement from the financial advising firm
that he built, he was working an author, historian and journalist. See
eulogy page for the announcement of Lynn's
12-18-2005. See new consolidated
Genealogy page. Info on Hopewell,
Mathews, Manning, Gray and many allied families. Detailed research reports
available. Lynn's full research database is here.
11-30-2005. W. L. Brown dead,
at 94. "Brownie" was my mentor who taught me ham radio and launched me into
my telecommunications engineering career. He died two days before the day I
received my "Lifetime Achievement" award. (I wish he had waited a little
longer). Read the touching poem written about him a few weeks before he
11-11-2005. Lynn's book on the Woodrow Wilson High School 1954 football team has been
1954 Va. Football Champions to order copies. See new
WWHS 1954 Football team photos.
Former players, get some for your grandchildren. Also see
11-07-2005. Stewart Hopewell selected to direct $5 million horror
being produced by Stan Winston, the man who created the "creatures" in "Aliens,"
"Jurassic Park," and other major films.
(Look for box in middle of page.) Also see Stewart's
web site featuring some of his movie
work. See Stan Winston's creature
web site. They are waiting on the $$$.
- 11-01-2005. New address for Bob Stewart and Lee. See
Family Addresses. They sold the
home that has belonged to the Hopewell family for 43 years in Elizabeth
Manor, downsized and moved to Norfolk closer to golf clubs and the PX.
A number of other corrected emails for family members.
- 10-18-2005. Here is a photo of my great-great-grandmother,
Mary Ann Amelia Manning
(1813-1886)She was "Dee-Dee's" grandmother. Read one of her poems too. She
was descended from John Manning who arrived on The Globe at Norfolk
- 10-18-2005. For recent research on our Manning ancestors (Dee
Dee's grandmother was Mary Ann Amelia Manning) see a special web site:
- 10-17-2005. See new photo of a
7th grade birthday party
with my John Tyler schoolmates.
- 9-26-2005. Frank Dudley Lawrence, Jr. (1912-2005), A
Most Successful Man. A tribute to the
grandfather of my two oldest sons.
- 9-24-2005. Our Portsmouth apartment experiment didn't work.
While we enjoyed visiting, we just couldn't get down often enough. We did
not renew our lease.
- 9-20-2005. Candy bought her retirement home in Eclipse, Va.
near Portsmouth. Plans to retire in two years.
See photos of new digs.
- 8-16-2005. Lynn and Leslie took vacation in Camden, Maine.
It was beautiful. See photo. We had a nice visit
with cousin Reed Mathews.
- May 2005. Lynn was subject of the
cover story of Financial
Advisor magazine. A retrospective of his career as a financial and
link for latest update to history of the Hopewell family.
- 1-8-2005. Posted photos of Todd and Erin as children.
Events such as our wedding, Christmas, and others.
- 10-30-2004. Lynn & Leslie rent
waterfront apartment in Portsmouth,
in Harbor Tower high-rise. They hope to see more of Portsmouth area friends
and relatives. It's an experiment. (Alas, experiment didn't work. Gave up
apartment Oct. 2005. We just couldn't get down to Portsmouth often enough.)
- 10-14-2004. Lynn given "Distinguished Alumni" award from Old
Dominion University. Look at that plaque!!
Will wonders never cease?
- 8-21-2004. Miss Olivia Pearl Kamber,
granddaughter. Todd and Jennifer
- March-2004. Stewart Hopewell, upcoming filmmaker,
profiled in Vanity Fair magazine. Go Stewart!
- 12-5-2003 Added family history book on
Gray family. Harry Hopewell's
grandmother was a Gray. See Gray Genealogy.
- 9-4-2003 New info in Hopewell Family History on Waller, Hopewell and
Parson family burial sites. See Hopewell Genealogy Quick Link.
- 9-13-2002 Lynn & Leslie Hopewell's new home.
- 6-9-2002 Mathew Stewart Mathews, Jr. died at age 85.
- 7-1-2002 New group photo at Stewart Mathew's 85th birthday.
- 5-20-2002 Rob and Lara Hopewell's
new baby, Will. Bob Stewart a grandfather!!!
- 4-21-2002 Christmas photos, Hopewell Family
- 1-19-2002 New 5th grade photo in Churchland Photos.
- 1-14-2002 New Circle Photos. Circle reopened under Mathews family
section documents my various family history projects. Lots of research on
Hopewell, Mathews, Waller, Gray, Manning and Hodges families. Also much
information on various allied families. Revised 19 Dec. 2005.
past our lives as boys is
Lynn's book on the 1954 WWHS state football champions. The book was published in
Early Hopewell Photos
is a collection of photographs from 1937-1955 of the Harry and Charlotte
Mathews Hopewell family of Portsmouth, Virginia. Over 75 photos.
Canasta Club was
formed by a group of Portsmouth, Va. Waterview neighborhood schoolmates in the early 1950s.
Nine photos; club member current addresses; 9
photos. Also some current photos.
are a collection from my years at Churchland Elementary School, 1945-1948, 2nd through the 5th grade. Norfolk Co.,
Va. About 8 photos.
Black Horse Cavalry
is a history of one of the most famous
Confederate cavalry units. Mustered from Fauquier County, Virginia.
a draft of the book.
Family Addresses is a current contact
list of Hopewell and Mathews cousins. No excuse for
not calling now!
Receive email when this page changes